The SAAA incentive will be paid to employers who hire and sign up eligible Australian Apprentices:
- Aged 21 and over when they commence their Australian Apprenticeship, and
- Studying a Certificate III or IV level qualification identified on the National Skills Needs List
- Receiving an actual wage at the date of commencement which is equal to or greater than the National Minimum Wage, currently $19.49 per hour or $740.80 per week (before tax).
- The SAAA incentive eligibility has been extended to not only create more employment and training opportunities for adult apprentices but also to increase the skills and capabilities of local industry.
- A payment of $4,000 will be paid at the 12 month mark to the employer.