This code helps employers and their apprentice or trainee understand what they can expect from each other, and how to promote a safe, harmonious workplace. You can find your relevant obligations below.
- Provide a working environment that is safe and free from abuse or workplace hazards
- Support training that is structured and documented with relevant authorities
- Ensure adequate supervision and support is provided at the worksite
- Advise your apprentice/trainee of their rights and responsibilities
Apprentices & Trainees
- Understand your work responsibilities and carry out the tasks required to fulfil them
- Understand your training responsibilities and carry out the tasks required to fulfil them
Fair Work Ombudsman
Know the law – the National Employment Standards, awards, registered agreements, award free employees, wages, entitlements, contracts, documentation, WH&S
Think about hiring – types of apprenticeships to consider
Complete the paperwork – what needs to be completed, submitted and supplied to who
Start on the right foot – inductions, managing young workers, support
Hiring checklist – a step-by-step list to make sure nothing gets missed
Who to contact – need help? Find the right organisation for the information and support you need.