Being self-employed involves a lot of different avenues and responsibilities, some of which you might be unsure of, or not even considered. These workshops are loaded with practical information to give you an excellent opportunity to understand the day-to-day realities of running your own business. It’s also the ideal environment to discuss your ideas with others to gain valuable feedback and insight.
The Self-Employment Workshops cover 5 critical business areas to give you a good grounding in what is involved in setting up your own business. These include:
- Getting Started: Learning to think like an entrepreneur
- Business Idea Generation and Validation: Identify business opportunities
- Start Up Essentials: Your legal & tax requirements
- Going Digital: Getting your business online
- Branding and Marketing: Developing a brand and creating value for customers
Topics are covered over 25 hours, across a 1 to 3 week period (depending on your circumstances). They can be accessed online to ensure eligible candidates can participate no matter where you’re located across QLD, NSW, SA and VIC.